1. What is Rollover Data & Talk?
Rollover data and talk is a benefit offered on designated prepaid and postpaid plans where unused data and talk from your plan allowances are rolled over.
2. As a prepaid customer, how do I access this service?
As a prepaid customer you can access the rollover data and talk enhancement feature by activating a select prepaid plan via the MyDigicel App, Website or by dialing *140# to access the UMM self-help option and then renewing your plan/bundle or repurchasing another plan/bundle before it expires.
3. As a postpaid customer, how do I access this service?
As a postpaid customer, rollover data and talk enhancement is automatic once you’re on a select postpaid plan and you pay your bill on time.
4. Is Rollover a promotion, meaning is it available for a limited time?
Rollover data and talk is Digicel’s latest offer designed to keep you seamlessly connected to the things you love without worrying about losing your unused data or talk. Once you are on a selected prepaid plan, you are eligible to receive rollover data and talk while the offer is available and subject to these terms and conditions as well as the terms and condition for the relevant plan/bundle purchased.
5. Is there a maximum or minimum that can be rolled over?
You will never lose any of your unused data or any second of unused talk as long as you auto-renew or repurchase your prepaid plan/bundle before it expires. However, if you repurchase your plan within the relevant ‘grace period’, the amount of data you can rollover will be capped at 15GBs and your voice rollover will not be impacted.
6. What is ‘grace period’?
Grace period refers to the period of time after a customer’s existing plan expires that unused data and minutes can be redeemed if a plan is repurchased within that period. If you fail to top-up in time to avail of the unlimited rollover benefits, Digicel may allow you a Grace Period where you can top-up and still retain some of your rollover benefits. The length of the Grace period and the amount of rollover you can avail of if you top up during the Grace Period will be the ones published on the Digicel website at the time your plan expires. The Grace period benefits may vary depending on your plan expiry date. The current grace period on all prepaid plans/bundles is counted from the time your plan expires to midnight of the day of expiration of your plan/bundle. This means that once your current bundle/plan expires, you have from the time plan/bundle expires to midnight of that day to repurchase this plan and rollover your unused data and minutes. However, where any plan/bundle is repurchased during the grace period, the amount of data and voice you can rollover will be capped at 15GBs.
7. How is plan validity affected?
The duration of all plans will now expire at the exact time that the plan has come to the end of its validity. This will be communicated in all relevant plan/bundle messaging.
8. Will my rolled over data and talk accumulate month on month?
Yes, as long as you are on a selected prepaid plan/bundle, you’ll never lose your unused data or talk once you renew or repurchase a plan/bundle before the plan expires while it will be capped if you repurchase during the relevant grace period.
9. Is there an additional cost for accessing the rollover enhancement feature?
There is no additional cost to start enjoying rollover data and talk as this is now offered as part of selected prepaid plans/bundles and new postpaid plans subject the terms and conditions of the offer.
10. When do I lose my Rollover Data and Talk?
As long as you are on an applicable prepaid bundle/plan and do not allow it to expire or always purchase a new bundle/plan before it expires or you pay your postpaid select plan bill on time, you’ll never lose your used data or talk. If you renew your bundle or plan after it has expired but within ‘grace period’, your rollover data will be capped at 15GBs.
11. How do I discontinue this service?
The unused benefit will automatically rollover as long as you repurchase the same bundle while your current one is still active. Customers are to be encouraged not to lose their rollover benefit and to continue purchasing their selected prepaid plans/bundles.
12. What happens if my bundle is depleted before it expires?
Customers will be required to repurchase a plan/bundle once their current benefits are depleted.
13. Will I receive a message to tell me when the bundles are completely used?
Yes, all customers on a prepaid plan/bundle or a select Postpaid plan will receive notifications to advise that the bundle is completely used.
14. Can I rollover more than one plan at a time?
Yes, as long as you are buying a selected prepaid plan.
15. Will my bundles rollover if I activate a different plan?
If you currently have an applicable bundle/plan and want to buy another bundle then your unused benefits will rollover to your new purchase of one of the following:
- Talk to mixed bundle: only talk rolls over
- Data to mixed bundle: only Data rolls over
- Mixed bundles to talk only: only talk rolls over
- Mixed bundles to data only: only Data rolls over
Rollover will not be applicable if you are moving from an applicable prepaid plan/bundle to a legacy plan or vice versa.
16. Will my rollover benefit be used first?
Your rollover benefit is applied to your current bundle and will reflect one balance so you can browse, stream and chat to your heart content.
17. How do I auto renew, instead of activating each time a plan expires?
Your applicable bundle/plan can be auto-renewed easily. Once there is sufficient credit on your account, the plan can be auto-renewed by using the MyDigicel App or by dialing *140# to access the UMM self-help option. Postpaid plans are automatically renewed on the first of each month as long as you do not opt out.
18. Is there a maximum amount of talk minutes or data that can be accumulated?
Once you auto-renew your applicable bundle/plan or repurchase before your bundle/plan expires, there is no limit to the amount of data or talk you can accumulate. However, if you repurchase your bundle/plan after it expires and during the grace period, your data rollover will be capped at 15GB. Your voice rollover will not be affected.
19. How do I check my available voice minutes, SMS and data balance?
You can check your balance via the MyDigicel App or by using *140# to access the UMM self-help option.
20. How do I reactivate this service?
You can reactivate your applicable bundle/plan via the MyDigicel App or by using the relevant USSD code to access the UMM self-help option.
21. How do I check the balance of the voice or data bundle that was rolled over?
The rollover benefit is applied to your current bundle and will reflect one balance.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- This product is offered for the personal use of individuals and not for commercial use.
- Data allotments are only applicable while in the local market. Once roaming, customers will not be able to use any data from their local prepaid or select postpaid plans.
- Digicel reserves the right to terminate this offer if, in its sole opinion, the plans are being abused, such abuse to include but not be limited to, unreasonable levels of usage, reselling or attempts to resell the Data, whether on a commercial basis or otherwise, general abuse deemed as an attempt to undermine the integrity of Digicel’s network or services.
- Digicel reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) this offer being offered to its customer at our discretion.
- Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of this product. In the event of Digicel giving notice to Customers of any such changes to or cancellation of the Service, it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to customer’s handset/device or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
- In addition to the Terms and Conditions herein, customers remain bound by any other terms and conditions of use for any of Digicel’s other services including the terms and condition for Digicel’s Prepaid and Postpaid mobile telephone services.